Special Release - Men And Women Statistics - Misamis Oriental

Reference Number: 

2020 - 04

Release Date: 

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

SPECIAL RELEASE

MEN AND WOMEN STATISTICS - Misamis Oriental

(From the Results of the 2015 Census of Population)

 

Date of Release: March 31, 2020
   Reference No. 2020 - 04

 

The results of the 2015 Census of Population (POPCEN 2015) revealed that the total population of Misamis Oriental (excluding Cagayan de Oro City) reached 888,509 with 48.4 percent female and 51.6 percent male. This translated to a sex ratio of 106. That is, there were 106 males in every 100 females.

TABLE 1. Total Population by Age Group, Sex, Misamis Oriental, 2015

                                                   

In the entire province, females outstripped males in ages 60 years old and over. Women in this age group accounted for 4.1 percent of the household population while the men counterpart posted at 3.5 percent.

Single women accounts for 44.2 percent…

Of the total population 10 years old and over in Misamis Oriental, majority were single with a total of 292,451 persons or 42.9 percent. From this population, 44.2 percent were females while the remaining 55.8 percent were males. On the other hand, those who were married totaled 276, 397 or 40.5 percent, in which 138,939 ( 50.3 percent) were males while 137,458 (49.7 percent) were females. On the contrary, among the widowed population of 29,666 persons, the bulk was observed among females with 75.7 percent while only 24.3 percent were noted among males.

                                                

Most of the population are Roman Catholic

Among the Religious Affiliations, Roman Catholic topped with 80.6 percent, in which male accounted for 51.7 percent while female posted 48.3 percent. The second largest religious affiliation was the National Council of Churches in the Philippines with a population of 55,207. The next top three religious affiliations were Evangelicals (Philippine Council of Evangelical Churches), Seventh Day Adventist and Iglesia ni Cristo.

                                         

More Females are attending School for Age Group 15 – 19 years old

Among the household population 5 to 24 Years Old who were currently attending school, the bulk of students were noted in age group 5 – 9 years old with a total of 96, 615. Moreover, there were more males who attended school compared to their female counterpart, in almost all age groups except in age group 15-19 where females registered 27,764 while males 27,183.

                                          

                                          

 

   Majority of the Academic Degree Holders and Post Baccalaureate are females

Based on the results of the 2015 Census of Population, majority of the Academic Degree Holders and Post Baccalaureate were females with 57.6 percent and 62.1 percent, respectively, similarly, those who had a highest grade completed of Post Secondary and College undergraduate were dominated by females with 59.7 percent and 52.3 percent, respectively.

                                                           

                                               

 

 

Janith C. Aves
Chief Statistical Specialist

 

Pride Rock Business Park, Gusa, Cagayan de Oro City
Telephone: 858-4755/881-4533

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tags: 

Download PDF format of article: